Saturday, February 25, 2023

Open, Ouvert, Abierto, Aperto!

IT'S the done thing, apparently, for websites like this to begin with a brief introduction about what it is you’ve stumbled into. But I don’t want to get too hung up about all that. Let’s just say that I like restaurants which stand out as individual and where the welcome is hospitable. I also like clever chefs, I’m keen on local ingredients, supporting the “farm to fork” approach; and I’m not too keen on over fancy presentations.I don’t like chitterlings but enjoy pigs’ trotters. And I don’t like people playing with their mobile phones at the table or taking photographs of the food they have been served. I enjoy wine, although I’m not an expert. I enjoy beer too, especially in the way it can accompany a good menu. This website therefore is mainly about food, drink and restaurants. But it also includes some travel writing and hotel reviews as well as those on books, especially books about cooking. It’s something for people to dip into and out of instead of following slavishly. It’s more of a magazine, if you like, than a version of “My Diary”. Please feel free to contact me with ideas and suggestions for inclusion.  All comments are most welcome. Thanks for dropping by. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

COPYRIGHT: Unless otherwise stated, all contents of this web site are the copyright of Frank Murphy & Co. All Rights Reserved. For permission to reproduce any contents of this web site, please e-mail FRANK MURPHY at frankmurphy100@hotmail.com